Home » News » Public Safety
One dead, four hurt in I-293 rollover near Mall of New Hampshire
MANCHESTER -- One woman died while another woman nearly died after being ejected from their car in an accident Sunday on Interstate 293, state police said.
Police said Jennifer L. Caradonna, 30, of Manchester, was killed about noon Sunday when she lost control after being cut off by a driver in what police described as a small black car with New Hampshire plates. The Caradonna car swerved into the median and flipped over several times before landing in the median strip of I-293, ejecting both women, neither of whom was wearing a seat belt, police said.
Police said a passenger, Melissa Caradonna, 28, Manchester, suffered serious, but not life-threatening, injuries in the crash. However, city District Fire Chief Michael N. Gamache said Melissa Caradonna was not breathing when fire crews responded to the scene and that Lt. Leo Veillieux and firefighters Paul Cote and Ray Seddon saved her life. She was taken to Elliot Hospital for treatment.
“Immediate intervention with rescue breathing brought her back to life,” Gamache said.
Three children in the car suffered minor injuries and were taken to Catholic Me. A dog also was in the car.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 7
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four