Home » News » Public Safety
One dead, four hurt in I-293 rollover near Mall of New Hampshire
MANCHESTER -- One woman died while another woman nearly died after being ejected from their car in an accident Sunday on Interstate 293, state police said.
Police said Jennifer L. Caradonna, 30, of Manchester, was killed about noon Sunday when she lost control after being cut off by a driver in what police described as a small black car with New Hampshire plates. The Caradonna car swerved into the median and flipped over several times before landing in the median strip of I-293, ejecting both women, neither of whom was wearing a seat belt, police said.
Police said a passenger, Melissa Caradonna, 28, Manchester, suffered serious, but not life-threatening, injuries in the crash. However, city District Fire Chief Michael N. Gamache said Melissa Caradonna was not breathing when fire crews responded to the scene and that Lt. Leo Veillieux and firefighters Paul Cote and Ray Seddon saved her life. She was taken to Elliot Hospital for treatment.
“Immediate intervention with rescue breathing brought her back to life,” Gamache said.
Three children in the car suffered minor injuries and were taken to Catholic Me. A dog also was in the car.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents