Home » News » Public Safety
One dead, four hurt in I-293 rollover near Mall of New Hampshire
MANCHESTER -- One woman died while another woman nearly died after being ejected from their car in an accident Sunday on Interstate 293, state police said.
Police said Jennifer L. Caradonna, 30, of Manchester, was killed about noon Sunday when she lost control after being cut off by a driver in what police described as a small black car with New Hampshire plates. The Caradonna car swerved into the median and flipped over several times before landing in the median strip of I-293, ejecting both women, neither of whom was wearing a seat belt, police said.
Police said a passenger, Melissa Caradonna, 28, Manchester, suffered serious, but not life-threatening, injuries in the crash. However, city District Fire Chief Michael N. Gamache said Melissa Caradonna was not breathing when fire crews responded to the scene and that Lt. Leo Veillieux and firefighters Paul Cote and Ray Seddon saved her life. She was taken to Elliot Hospital for treatment.
“Immediate intervention with rescue breathing brought her back to life,” Gamache said.
Three children in the car suffered minor injuries and were taken to Catholic Me. A dog also was in the car.
READER COMMENTS: 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 0
- More violence at Keene - 2
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
- Fire at Swanzey dog kennels destroys barn - 0
- No arrests in incident that brought out Manchester SWAT, locked down Central High School - 0
- Weare chief resigns following AG's report that recommends putting him on list of ethically compromised officers - 6
- Young girl whose quick action saved grandfather's life to be honored next Friday - 0
- Londonderry firefighters to hold open house Saturday - 0
- Francestown's Scoby Bridge closed, will be replaced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 18
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 2
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
After riots, soul-searching begins
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy