Home » News » Public Safety
One dead, four hurt in I-293 rollover near Mall of New Hampshire
MANCHESTER -- One woman died while another woman nearly died after being ejected from their car in an accident Sunday on Interstate 293, state police said.
Police said Jennifer L. Caradonna, 30, of Manchester, was killed about noon Sunday when she lost control after being cut off by a driver in what police described as a small black car with New Hampshire plates. The Caradonna car swerved into the median and flipped over several times before landing in the median strip of I-293, ejecting both women, neither of whom was wearing a seat belt, police said.
Police said a passenger, Melissa Caradonna, 28, Manchester, suffered serious, but not life-threatening, injuries in the crash. However, city District Fire Chief Michael N. Gamache said Melissa Caradonna was not breathing when fire crews responded to the scene and that Lt. Leo Veillieux and firefighters Paul Cote and Ray Seddon saved her life. She was taken to Elliot Hospital for treatment.
“Immediate intervention with rescue breathing brought her back to life,” Gamache said.
Three children in the car suffered minor injuries and were taken to Catholic Me. A dog also was in the car.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you