In this weekend's editions
Special section: Vacation Guide 1
New water slides at Liquid Planet, a new zip line ride at Cranmore Mountain, a festival of food trucks at Rockingham Park and plenty of concerts, fairs and events await Granite Staters and tourists alike this summer. Get all the details in the Discover New Hampshire section inside this weekend's New Hampshire Sunday News. This 24-page guide will have lots of ideas to keep you captivated. The section is the first of three Discover New Hampshire vacation sections this summer highlighting all the ways to enjoy our state. Others will be published June 24 and July 2.
Health care costs
In the first of a four-part series, we look at one of the biggest drivers of municipal budgets: the rapid rise in health care costs. The city of Manchester paid $19.5 million in health insurance claims in the last fiscal year, a 16 percent hike from the previous year. In this weekend's New Hampshire Sunday News, we look at how the city is trying to win the health cost battle.
Business: Home is in NH
Meet Thomas “Tracy” Aquilla, a Washington patent attorney with a doctorate in molecular genetics who gave up his Jaguar, Guccis and posh D.C. career for a better opportunity — the chance to live on a Center Harbor farm with his family, be an official at the Great Meredith Rotary Ice Fishing Derby, join the Winni Brew Crew and run a private, patent-law practice from his comfortable home at Moose Pond Farm.
Sports: Sea Dogs on the way
Portland, the Red Sox' Double-A affiliate, makes its first trip to Manchester next week. Kevin Gray previews the Sea Dogs' visit, focusing on the top Boston prospects on the Portland roster.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs