Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian struck by car in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A Manchester woman was hospitalized with serious injuries after being struck by a car as she crossed Elm Street Tuesday night.
Police said Gunjan Shah, 24, was taken to the Elliot Hospital for treatment of serious injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
She was crossing Elm Street, near Orange Street, about 11 p.m. when she was hit by a 2001 Nissan Maxima operated by Krista LeClerc, 26, of Manchester.
Police said a preliminary investigation indicates the Nissan was traveling south on Elm Street when it hit Shah, who was walking east across the street.
The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 84
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time