Fisher Cats lose a wild one to Richmond in 13th
Richmond closed out a wild 13th inning with a pair of runs in a come-from-behind 3-2 win against the struggling New Hampshire Fisher Cats in Eastern League baseball action in Richmond, Va., on Thursday.
The Flying Squirrels loaded the bases with no outs and down a run against reliever Fernando Hernandez. After a line out, Ehire Adrianza scored on a sacrifice fly by Ryan Cavan. Gary Brown singled to reload the bases before Nick Liles singled home Juan Perez with the game-winner.
New Hampshire looked like it would end its six-game losing streak when Brad McElroy scored on a wild pitch in the top of the 13th inning to put the Fisher Cats ahead 2-1. Richmond’s comeback dropped the Fisher Cats to 22-42 on the season.
Both pitching staffs combined for nine scoreless innings after Richmond’s Ryan Cavan hit his fifth homer of the season in the third inning to tie the game at 1-1.
New Hampshire had taken a 1-0 lead in the second inning when Ryan Goins singled home Gabe Jacobo, who earlier had singled.
Matt Daly and Scott Gracey combined for six shutout innings in relief of Fisher Cats starter Chad Jenkins, who allowed four hits and struck out four in six innings. Hernandez allowed six hits in 1 2/3 innings to take the loss and fall to 0-4. Edwin Quirarte pitched 2/3 of an inning to earn his first win of the season.
The Flying Squirrels won their fourth straight game.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840