May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Residents urged to be wary of unregistered relief fund
CONCORD — New Hampshire Attorney General Michael Delaney is warning residents about a possible scam that has been reported in the state.
According to the Attorney General's Charitable Trusts Unit, an unregistered nonprofit charitable organization called the “Relief Fund of Haiti” has been soliciting donations in New Hampshire.
Nonprofit organizations are required to register with and report to the Attorney General's office to be allowed to solicit residents for donations.
The Charitable Trusts Unit issued a release Friday saying it has sent multiple letters to Relief Fund of Haiti requesting its registration but all mail has been returned by the post office. Because it is not incorporated, only limited information is available regarding the fund's organization and officers and directors. Delaney's office said it was unclear whether the Fund is still operating in New Hampshire.
Delaney urges any citizen who receives a request from Relief Fund of Haiti to exercise caution before making a donation, and to notify the Charitable Trusts Unit at (603) 271-3591 immediately.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424