Baysox send Fisher Cats to eighth straight setback
After playing 24 innings in their previous two games in Richmond, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats had to go only nine with the Bowie Baysox at Prince George’s Stadium on Friday.
The game was shorter, but the results were the same as the Fisher Cats dropped another one, this time a 9-4 decision in Maryland.
New Hampshire (22-43) lost 6-5 in 11 innings against the Flying Squirrels on Wednesday and was downed 3-2 in 13 innings on Thursday.
The loss was New Hampshire’s eighth straight.
The Fisher Cats then fell behind 4-0 in the first inning against Bowie (31-34) before rallying to tie the game 4-4 in the sixth. The Baysox came right back, however, with two runs in the seventh and three in the eighth to pull away.
Mark Sobolewski paced the New Hampshire offense. He was 2-for-4 with a solo homer in the sixth inning. Kenen Bailli was 3-for-4 and Ben Francisco, who is on a rehab assignment from Toronto, was 1-for-4.
The Blue Jays transferred Francisco to the Fisher Cats for an injury rehab. He went on the 15-day disabled list on May 21 with a strained left hamstring. In 16 games with the Blue Jays, he was hitting .206 in 34 at bats with two doubles.
Joel Carreno took the loss. He struggled early on, giving up four runs in the first, but then settled down and held Bowie scoreless until the seventh, when it tacked on two more runs. Carreno struck out six, walked two and gave up six hits.
Antoan Richardson, Robbie Widlansky and Manny Machado all had two hits each for the Baysox, who had 10 as a team.
The two teams will go at it again today at 6:35 p.m. in Bowie.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
- NH Preservation Alliance honors 10 for protecting historic treasures - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840