Home » News » Public Safety
Vermont man charged in motorcycle crash that injured NH woman
CANAAN - Speed and alcohol contributed to a motorcycle crash Sunday that left a Lebanon woman with serious head injuries and the motorcyclist under arrest, police said.
The crash happened about 3:45 p.m. on Goose Pond Road.
Dean Anthony Jones, 40, currently of Rutland, Vt., was operating the motorcycle when it left the road at a curve, went into a ditch and hit some small trees.
Both Jones and his passenger, Heidi Mays, 18, of Lebanon, were ejected. Jones was transported by Canaan Fast Squad to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for treatment of a broken leg and other minor injuries.
Mays suffered serious head injuries and was airlifted to the hospital.
Subsequently, Jones was arrested and charged with felony DWI, operating after suspension, operating without a motorcycle license, reckless operation and operating after being certified as a habitual offender.
Police said both speed and alcohol are believed to be contributing factors in the crash, and neither Jones nor Mays was wearing a helmet.
What’s next: Jones is to appear Aug. 6 in 2nd Circuit Court, Lebanon District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 135
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 17
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?