Home » News » Public Safety
Canobie Lake drowning victim identified
WINDHAM — Police identified a man who was pulled from Canobie Lake Thursday evening. David Mason, 41, of 7 Prescott Road in Windham was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at Parkland Medical Center Thursday night.
The death was ruled a drowning but the circumstances surrounding the incident haven't been determined, according to Capt. Mike Caron of the Windham Police Department. An autopsy was conducted on Friday and police are waiting for the results of blood and toxicology tests, Caron said.
Boaters spotted Mason floating about 20 feet from shore near West Shore Road around 7 p.m. on Thursday. He was unconscious when two Windham firefighters pulled him from the water. Rescuers performed CPR but were unable to resuscitate him. Mason was transported to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off