Home » News » Public Safety
Mobile home destroyed in early morning fire in Belmont
BELMONT — A man out walking his dog early Friday morning returned home to find his mobile home in flames.
Vincent Mulligan of 23 Leisure Lane quickly went down the street to a neighbor’s at 22 Holly Tree Lane to call 911.
According to a press release issued by the fire department, multiple callers reported the blaze just after 1:30 a.m. As fire trucks traveled along Gilmanton Road to the scene, banking down and blowing across the road may visibility extremely difficult.
The Engine 1 crew, first to arrive, reported 50 percent of the mobile home was in flames. The main body of the fire was knocked down within 20 minutes but fire officials said the mobile home was destroyed. Damage is estimated at $75,000.
Companies cleared the scene about three hours later.
Fire officials said the mobile home had no smoke detectors.
The cause of the fire is undetermined although fire officials said it is not suspicious.
The Red Cross is assisting Mulligan and obtained a room for him at the Hampton Inn in Tilton.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 132
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 17
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?