Home » News » Public Safety
Two people hurt in motorcycle crash
HOOKSETT — A motorcycle rider sustained life-threatening injuries Saturday when a piece of clothing lodged in the cycle's drive belt, causing the wheel to lock up and the bike to crash on Interstate 93, police said.
The 50-year-old woman from Hooksett was taken to Elliot Hospital. Her name wasn't disclosed.
The driver, William Barnard, 42, of Gilford, also was transported to the same Manchester hospital with serious injuries.
The accident happened around 10:40 a.m. on I-93 south, south of Exit 10. The driver lost control and the motorcyle struck the pavement.
Speed and alcohol don't appear to be factors in the crash. Helmets were not worn. No citations were issued. I-93 south was reduced temporarily to one lane.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Sans dice, how will Hassan roll now? - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents