Home » News » Public Safety
Two people hurt in motorcycle crash
HOOKSETT — A motorcycle rider sustained life-threatening injuries Saturday when a piece of clothing lodged in the cycle's drive belt, causing the wheel to lock up and the bike to crash on Interstate 93, police said.
The 50-year-old woman from Hooksett was taken to Elliot Hospital. Her name wasn't disclosed.
The driver, William Barnard, 42, of Gilford, also was transported to the same Manchester hospital with serious injuries.
The accident happened around 10:40 a.m. on I-93 south, south of Exit 10. The driver lost control and the motorcyle struck the pavement.
Speed and alcohol don't appear to be factors in the crash. Helmets were not worn. No citations were issued. I-93 south was reduced temporarily to one lane.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage