Home » News » Public Safety
Two people hurt in motorcycle crash
HOOKSETT — A motorcycle rider sustained life-threatening injuries Saturday when a piece of clothing lodged in the cycle's drive belt, causing the wheel to lock up and the bike to crash on Interstate 93, police said.
The 50-year-old woman from Hooksett was taken to Elliot Hospital. Her name wasn't disclosed.
The driver, William Barnard, 42, of Gilford, also was transported to the same Manchester hospital with serious injuries.
The accident happened around 10:40 a.m. on I-93 south, south of Exit 10. The driver lost control and the motorcyle struck the pavement.
Speed and alcohol don't appear to be factors in the crash. Helmets were not worn. No citations were issued. I-93 south was reduced temporarily to one lane.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 1
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?