Lekkas hurls Post 79 to triumph
Chris Lekkas threw a five-hitter over seven innings as unbeaten Manchester Post 79 won its fifth straight game with a 7-2 American Legion baseball victory Sunday against Lebanon at Gill Stadium. Post 79 is 2-0 in district action.
Lekkas fanned four and walked no one on 78 pitches. Joe Provencher closed out the game in relief.
Travis Sylvia led the winners with three hits while sacrifice bunts from Carmen Giampetruzzi (two) and Nick Beeson produced three runs.
Manchester Post 79 will host Alton today at 7 p.m. at Gill Stadium.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kattar wins main event in MMA action in Salem - 0
- Pro bouts highlight Rockingham Park MMA card in Salem - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: The magic has returned to Fenway - 0
- MLB draft rich with NH talent - 0
- Red Sox stuck to their plan during draft - 0
- Salem boys take another v-ball title - 0
- LeBlanc paces Conant win over Somersworth for Division III baseball title - 0
- Perkins paces Pittsfield - 0
- State girls final tennis match gains attention for the wrong reason - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 1
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- House-Senate talks on voter ID bill quickly break down, but agreement still possible - 1
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage