Lekkas hurls Post 79 to triumph
Chris Lekkas threw a five-hitter over seven innings as unbeaten Manchester Post 79 won its fifth straight game with a 7-2 American Legion baseball victory Sunday against Lebanon at Gill Stadium. Post 79 is 2-0 in district action.
Lekkas fanned four and walked no one on 78 pitches. Joe Provencher closed out the game in relief.
Travis Sylvia led the winners with three hits while sacrifice bunts from Carmen Giampetruzzi (two) and Nick Beeson produced three runs.
Manchester Post 79 will host Alton today at 7 p.m. at Gill Stadium.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen Jeanne Shaheen and Judd Gregg: Connecticut River headwaters are for trees, not towers - 4
- Sen. Sylvia Larsen: Expanding Medicaid is all benefit, no cost for New Hampshire - 29
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off