Lekkas hurls Post 79 to triumph
Chris Lekkas threw a five-hitter over seven innings as unbeaten Manchester Post 79 won its fifth straight game with a 7-2 American Legion baseball victory Sunday against Lebanon at Gill Stadium. Post 79 is 2-0 in district action.
Lekkas fanned four and walked no one on 78 pitches. Joe Provencher closed out the game in relief.
Travis Sylvia led the winners with three hits while sacrifice bunts from Carmen Giampetruzzi (two) and Nick Beeson produced three runs.
Manchester Post 79 will host Alton today at 7 p.m. at Gill Stadium.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conway's Jeff Locke frustrates Cardinals - 0
- Conway's Locke beaten by Dodgers in first Pirates start - 0
- Kevin Gray's On Baseball: Home cooking suiting Nolan - 0
- NH's Jeff Locke remains in big leagues as Pittsburgh starter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time