May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Injured man charged with attack, abuse of woman
WINCHESTER — A man stabbed at a Richmond Road apartment Wednesday was arraigned Thursday in 8th Circuit Court District Division in Keene on charges alleging he attacked and sexually abused a Winchester woman early Wednesday morning.
Matthew R. Possiel, 20, is charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault, simple assault, second-degree assault, obstructing the report of a crime, criminal restraint and common law contempt.
Possiel was stabbed by the victim during the alleged attack, said Cheshire County Attorney Peter Heed.
An affidavit prepared by N.H. State Police Trooper First Class Michael R. Anger said Possiel is alleged to have choked, smothered, raped and hit the alleged victim and prevented her from getting help during the attack, according to the Keene Sentinel, which obtained a copy of the arrest affidavit on file in court Thursday before it was sealed later that day.
Police went to the apartment around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, where a woman told them she had been assaulted by Possiel, whom she had a protective order against, the Keene Sentinel said.
A Winchester police officer searched for Possiel and found him walking along Route 10 in Winchester. Possiel told the police officer that he had been in the victim’s apartment, in violation of the protective order against him, and said the victim had stabbed him.
He was taken to the hospital, where he was treated for his wounds and later placed under arrest.
In court Thursday, the judge set Possiel’s bail at $50,000.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a probable cause hearing on July 6.
- - - - - - - -
Meghan Pierce may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 1
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 8
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424