Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man dies of injuries following car fire on Interstate 93
The Massachusetts man found on fire beside his burning car at the Interstate 93 weigh station in Windham on Wednesday has died, state police said.
State Trooper Sean Harrington said Mark Vivier, 39, of Methuen, Mass., died from his injuries at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston at about 12:28 p.m. on Thursday.
State police and the state Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating the circumstances surrounding his death. They ask anyone with information to contact Harrington at 223-4381.
Police found Vivier on fire and lying on the ground beside the passenger door of a burning 2012 Mazda A6 at about 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Vivier had second- and third-degree burns over about 80 percent of his body, a fire official said.
He was airlifted to the Boston hospital.
It was not immediately known why Vivier was in the weighing station after operating hours, though motorists frequently use it for a rest stop, a fire official said.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 81
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time