May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Two violent Manchester convenient store robberies; one successful, one not
MANCHESTER - A 7-Eleven store clerk jumped over a counter early Friday to escape a robber who threatened her with a long metal rod.
And, three hours earlier, a gunman robbed a Willow Street convenience store.
Police said in the 7-Eleven incident, the man entered the 2305 Brown Ave. store about 2 a.m. Friday brandishing a metal pipe or bat and demanding money. He swung the pipe at the hotdog display near the counter and then swung it at the clerk, chasing after her as she ran and jumped over the counter.
The robber started to pursue her as she fled to the rear of the store but gave up the chase and ran out the store, heading towards the back of the building.
He is described as a white male in his 50s, about 5-foot-10 with an average build. He was wearing a dark-colored sleeveless shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers. He has shoulder-length, salt and pepper-colored hair, a mustache and a tattoo on his right biceps.
Three hours earlier, at 11 p.m. Thursday, a gunman wearing a blue bandanna over his face robbed Maverick Gas and Convenience Store, 15 Willow St.
Police said the man entered the store and pointed a silver-colored handgun at the clerk demanding money.
The woman handed over the cash in the register and the man fled the store with it.
He is described as a dark-skinned, black man in his early 30s, about 5-foot-7 with an average build. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and baggy blue jeans.
Anyone with information about either incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424