June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Two violent Manchester convenient store robberies; one successful, one not
MANCHESTER - A 7-Eleven store clerk jumped over a counter early Friday to escape a robber who threatened her with a long metal rod.
And, three hours earlier, a gunman robbed a Willow Street convenience store.
Police said in the 7-Eleven incident, the man entered the 2305 Brown Ave. store about 2 a.m. Friday brandishing a metal pipe or bat and demanding money. He swung the pipe at the hotdog display near the counter and then swung it at the clerk, chasing after her as she ran and jumped over the counter.
The robber started to pursue her as she fled to the rear of the store but gave up the chase and ran out the store, heading towards the back of the building.
He is described as a white male in his 50s, about 5-foot-10 with an average build. He was wearing a dark-colored sleeveless shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers. He has shoulder-length, salt and pepper-colored hair, a mustache and a tattoo on his right biceps.
Three hours earlier, at 11 p.m. Thursday, a gunman wearing a blue bandanna over his face robbed Maverick Gas and Convenience Store, 15 Willow St.
Police said the man entered the store and pointed a silver-colored handgun at the clerk demanding money.
The woman handed over the cash in the register and the man fled the store with it.
He is described as a dark-skinned, black man in his early 30s, about 5-foot-7 with an average build. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and baggy blue jeans.
Anyone with information about either incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424