June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Vermont man charged in 2011 Lebanon fatality
HAVERHILL — A 52-year-old Newbury, Vt., man is facing a negligent homicide charge in connection with a February 2011 crash in Lebanon.
Police say a logging trailer came loose from Brewster Thurston’s truck and crossed Route 4, striking a van and killing its driver, an Enfield man.
More than a year after the collision that claimed the life of Richard Rouleau, 59, a Grafton County Superior Court grand jury handed up an indictment against Thurston, of Route 5 in Newbury.
According to the indictment, Thurston failed to “properly secure a log trailer to a 1996 Western star truck he was operating on Route 4.”
Rouleau was pronounced dead at the scene of the early morning crash.
George Ostler, of Norwich, Vt., became Thurston’s defense attorney this week.
He declined Thursday to answer questions regarding the particulars of the state’s case against Thurston
“I just have been retained. I haven’t seen the police report yet. He was just indicted. I’m not familiar enough with the case to comment at this point,” Ostler said.
Rouleau was headed west on the highway, and was not far from his Enfield home when he encountered the runaway trailer.
Thurston was not injured.
Relatives of Rouleau could not be reached for comment.
- - - - - - - -
Bob Hookway may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 18
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424