May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Pair accused of check fraud, drug possession
SALEM — Two Massachusetts people are in custody after Salem police say they passed fraudulent checks at three local department stores and had cocaine in their car.
Christopher Christie and Jamila Smith, both 31 and of Revere, Mass., were each charged with possession of cocaine and several counts of forgery.
The pair was arrested Sunday afternoon at 5:14 p.m. after they fled from a Target department store on Route 28, police said.
Police were told that the couple had fled in a car with Georgia license plates and passed fraudulent American Express checks. The car was found in an adjacent parking lot at the Kmart Plaza.
Police said they determined that Smith and Christie passed bogus checks at Target, a Staples store and TJ Maxx before their arrest. Officers also found cocaine in the car during their investigation, according to Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten. Christie and Smith were taken into custody without incident.
The case remains under investigation. The total amount of the thefts have yet to be determined, police said. Both suspects refused bail and were brought to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
Christie faces five counts of forgery so far. Smith was charged with three counts of forgery.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424