May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Mass. man accused of assaulting police officer
SALEM — A Haverhill, Mass., man was arrested for assaulting a Salem police officer after he allegedly ran a stop sign and almost caused an accident near the area of School and Main streets.
Amaysa Selcuk, 45, is facing charges of reckless operation, assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and breach of bail conditions following his arrest on Sunday night.
Salem Police Officer Jason Smith stopped Selcuk's car at 9:20 p.m. after reports from witnesses that the driver had run a stop sign and almost caused an accident. Seluck had also passed cars by crossing double yellow lines in the roadway, police said.
Selcuk immediately jumped out of his car after being pulled over and charged at the officer saying, “What are you gonna do?” according to police. Smith ordered Selcuk to get back into his car several times but was forced into a violent confrontation, police said.
Selcuk was eventually struck with a Taser and was held on the ground while being taken into custody, police said.
Police learned that Selcuk had been arrested twice earlier in the day by Windham police, and he was free on bail. Selcuk was booked at the police station and brought to Rockingham County jail, where he is being held pending his arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424