Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook man in critical condition after Friday night collision
HAMPTON - A Seabrook bridge attendant is in critical condition at a Boston hospital after being struck by a vehicle at the end of his shift on Friday night.
Hampton police said they were notified by a Seabrook police officer around 10:10 p.m. on Friday of a reported motor vehicle collision involving a pedestrian on the Neil Underwood Bridge.
Responding officers found a pedestrian, later identified as James Hayes of Seabrook, in the roadway, and the involved vehicle at the scene.
Hayes was transported to Exeter Hospital by Hampton Fire/Rescue and was later transported by helicopter to a hospital in Boston.
As of Tuesday, Hayes remained in critical condition, according to Hampton police.
Police said he works as a bridge attendant for the New Hampshire Department of Transportation and had just left work when the collision occurred.
The section of Route 1A on both the north and south sides of the Neil Underwood bridge was closed for about two hours after the collision, police said.
The Hampton Police Department is still investigating the incident.
The driver of the vehicle has been identified as Antoinette Mambro of Methuen, Mass.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty