June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Alleged Gilford pharamacy robber caught
GILFORD – A local man was arrested Sunday an hour after he allegedly robbed a pharmacy at a supermarket of $18,000 worth of medication, threatening the pharmacist with a weapon, police said.
Police Lt. James Leach said, Michael Lewis, 40, of 131 Lake St., entered the Osco Pharmacy in the Gilford Shaw's supermarket at 12:57 p.m. and allegedly handed the pharmacist a note.
The note stated he wanted narcotic painkillers and that he had a weapon, Leach said,
“He never showed a weapon,” he said.
The pharmacist gave him medication, though police would not say what type he was given.
“An undisclosed amount of medication was taken but an estimate using current street value, if sold separately, would be more than $18,000,” Leach said.
An hour later, Gilford and Laconia police took Leach into custody without incident near his home, Leach said.
Leach said Lewis was not known to police for any past criminal activity, and had no criminal record.
Lewis is being charged with robbery, a Class A felony. He refused bail and is being held at the Belknap County Jail pending his arraignment Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424