May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Accused cop shooter waives arraignment
Defense for cop shooter says 12 shots were reckless, not purposeful
MANCHESTER — The man accused of shooting Manchester Police Officer Dan Doherty during a West Side chase March 21 has waived arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
Myles Webster, 22, was scheduled for arraignment Tuesday on a felony charge of attempted murder in the shooting of Doherty. Webster was also indicted on felony charges of robbery and two counts of reckless conduct, as well as a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest, for allegedly running from Doherty.
In addition to the attempted murder charge, that accuses him of firing multiple shots at Doherty, he is accused of firing a hangun out of a car window on or near the Granite Street Bridge and firing a gun into a house on Rimmon Street and of holding a handgun while demanding a woman give him her car keys so he could escape.
Bail and dispositional hearings are scheduled for Aug. 30 in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424