May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Accused cop shooter waives arraignment
Defense for cop shooter says 12 shots were reckless, not purposeful
MANCHESTER — The man accused of shooting Manchester Police Officer Dan Doherty during a West Side chase March 21 has waived arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
Myles Webster, 22, was scheduled for arraignment Tuesday on a felony charge of attempted murder in the shooting of Doherty. Webster was also indicted on felony charges of robbery and two counts of reckless conduct, as well as a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest, for allegedly running from Doherty.
In addition to the attempted murder charge, that accuses him of firing multiple shots at Doherty, he is accused of firing a hangun out of a car window on or near the Granite Street Bridge and firing a gun into a house on Rimmon Street and of holding a handgun while demanding a woman give him her car keys so he could escape.
Bail and dispositional hearings are scheduled for Aug. 30 in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424