Concord school district gives surplus furniture to charity
CONCORD — The Concord school district is donating surplus furniture from the closed Conant/Rumford school to disaster- and poverty-relief projects in the Caribbean, according to a Concord-based recycling company.
About 750 pieces of furniture from the district will be donated today to relief projects in Haiti, the Dominican Republic and elsewhere in the Caribbean, a release from IRN, The Recycling Network said.
According to the release, IRN “specializes in matching unneeded surplus from corporations, healthcare, and educational institutions with charities for disaster relief and economic development projects in the U.S. and around the world.”
The furniture will be loaded onto four shipping containers by a crew from Starving Artist Movers throughout the day.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Elementary students in Farmington offered seven habits of healthy kids - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 15
- Texting + driving = deadly consequences - 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 3
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112