Concord school district gives surplus furniture to charity
CONCORD — The Concord school district is donating surplus furniture from the closed Conant/Rumford school to disaster- and poverty-relief projects in the Caribbean, according to a Concord-based recycling company.
About 750 pieces of furniture from the district will be donated today to relief projects in Haiti, the Dominican Republic and elsewhere in the Caribbean, a release from IRN, The Recycling Network said.
According to the release, IRN “specializes in matching unneeded surplus from corporations, healthcare, and educational institutions with charities for disaster relief and economic development projects in the U.S. and around the world.”
The furniture will be loaded onto four shipping containers by a crew from Starving Artist Movers throughout the day.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 19
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112