May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Miss New Hampshire 2010 USA faces two assault charges in court
MANCHESTER — Two simple assault charges alleging Nicole Houde, 26, who won the 2010 Miss New Hampshire USA title, were heard in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division this week.
The city woman was accused of assaulting her ex-boyfriend, Scott Nickerson, 33, on April 25, after he accused her of cheating on him. Houde claimed the two fought after he grabbed her cell phone and refused to return it.
A judge put one of the assault charges on file without a finding and changed the other to a violation of mutual combat. He found Houde guilty of that violation and fined her $500, suspended for one year of good behavior.
Houde faces trial Oct. 2, on a simple assault charge that alleges she hit another man on the back June 30.
She is accused of hitting her new boyfriend, Gregory Verro, 35, during an argument after they had been out for dinner.
The Miss New Hampshire USA and Miss USA pageants are competitors of the Miss New Hampshire and Miss America pageants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 3
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 8
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424