May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Miss NH USA 2010 faces two assault charges in court
MANCHESTER — Two simple assault charges alleging Nicole Houde, 26, who won the 2010 Miss New Hampshire USA title, were heard in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division this week.
The city woman was accused of assaulting her ex-boyfriend, Scott Nickerson, 33, on April 25, after he accused her of cheating on him. Houde claimed the two fought after he grabbed her cell phone and refused to return it.
A judge put one of the assault charges on file without a finding and changed the other to a violation of mutual combat. He found Houde guilty of that violation and fined her $500, suspended for one year of good behavior.
Houde faces trial Oct. 2, on a simple assault charge that alleges she hit another man on the back June 30.
She is accused of hitting her new boyfriend, Gregory Verro, 35, during an argument after they had been out for dinner.
The Miss New Hampshire USA and Miss USA pageants are competitors of the Miss New Hampshire and Miss America pageants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424