May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Miss NH USA 2010 faces two assault charges in court
MANCHESTER — Two simple assault charges alleging Nicole Houde, 26, who won the 2010 Miss New Hampshire USA title, were heard in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division this week.
The city woman was accused of assaulting her ex-boyfriend, Scott Nickerson, 33, on April 25, after he accused her of cheating on him. Houde claimed the two fought after he grabbed her cell phone and refused to return it.
A judge put one of the assault charges on file without a finding and changed the other to a violation of mutual combat. He found Houde guilty of that violation and fined her $500, suspended for one year of good behavior.
Houde faces trial Oct. 2, on a simple assault charge that alleges she hit another man on the back June 30.
She is accused of hitting her new boyfriend, Gregory Verro, 35, during an argument after they had been out for dinner.
The Miss New Hampshire USA and Miss USA pageants are competitors of the Miss New Hampshire and Miss America pageants.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 26
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424