June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Miss NH USA 2010 faces two assault charges in court
MANCHESTER — Two simple assault charges alleging Nicole Houde, 26, who won the 2010 Miss New Hampshire USA title, were heard in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division this week.
The city woman was accused of assaulting her ex-boyfriend, Scott Nickerson, 33, on April 25, after he accused her of cheating on him. Houde claimed the two fought after he grabbed her cell phone and refused to return it.
A judge put one of the assault charges on file without a finding and changed the other to a violation of mutual combat. He found Houde guilty of that violation and fined her $500, suspended for one year of good behavior.
Houde faces trial Oct. 2, on a simple assault charge that alleges she hit another man on the back June 30.
She is accused of hitting her new boyfriend, Gregory Verro, 35, during an argument after they had been out for dinner.
The Miss New Hampshire USA and Miss USA pageants are competitors of the Miss New Hampshire and Miss America pageants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 17
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424