May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Two men mugged on Manchester city streets
MANCHESTER - Two men suffered minor injuries in separate muggings early Friday morning in the city.
Police learned of the first assault about 4:45 a.m. when they were called to the emergency room at Catholic Medical Center for a reported stabbing. A 19-year-old man was cut on the arm in an attempted robbery and needed several stitches to close the wound.
He told investigators he was walking near Walgreens at 227 S. Main St. on the city's West Side when two men jumped him from behind. He fended off the men who tried to steal his wallet and prevented the theft but not before being cut.
The men are described as between 20 and 25 years old. One wore a grey hooded sweatshirt and black shorts, while the second man wore blue jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt. One of them was armed with "some sort of edged weapon," according to a police press release of the incident.
While officers were at CMC, a second 19-year-old man arrived about 5 a.m. seeking treatment for injuries he sustained when beaten by a bat-wielding robber who stole his wallet and cell phone.
The man, who was bruised and had some swelling, told police he was walking in an alley near Walnut and Bridge streets when the man attacked him.
His assailant is described as being between 20 to 25 years old, wearing blue jeans and a black sweatshirt with "Ecko Limited" written on the front.
Anyone with information about the assaults is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox in the city: World champs' appearance highlighted Gill Stadium opening - 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424