May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Police say NH driver who hit 2 cruisers in Maine was texting and OUI
YORK, MAINE (MCT)— Two York police cruisers were damaged Friday night when they were hit by a motorist who police say was driving under the influence and texting.
York police said that at 12:10 a.m. Saturday, Officer Luke Ernenwein had stopped a vehicle for following too closely on Route 1 near Abbott Brothers Tree Service and was checking the female motorist's sobriety outside her vehicle.
Officer Tyler Gagne then arrived at the scene to help and pulled behind Ernenwein's cruiser.
Both cruisers' emergency lights were flashing. Ernenwein then noticed a southbound 2003 Honda Accord drifting towards them, yelled a warning and pulled the female driver back.
The Accord crashed into the left rear side of Gagne's cruiser and then into Ernenwein's cruiser.
The operator of the Accord, Nicholas P. Bergeron, 24, of Windham, N.H., was treated at and released from York Hospital and arrested on charges of operating under the influence, texting while driving and improper passing of emergency vehicles.
Unable to post bail, Bergeron is being held at York County Jail. Neither the officers nor the female driver, who was not charged with a violation, were hurt. The police vehicles were inoperable and towed from the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424