June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police hunting for four men involved in Windham home invasion
WINDHAM — Police are searching for armed suspects who allegedly assaulted a man in his Bear Hill Road residence Wednesday morning.
Police were called to Lowell Road around 7:45 a.m. following a report of a woman with a young child standing in a yard asking for help. When officers arrived, the woman reportedly told them that armed men were assaulting her boyfriend in her home on Bear Hill Road, according to police. The house sits on the end of a cul-de-sac in a quiet residential neighborhood.
The suspects had left the home by the time officers arrived. No one at the residence was injured, police said.
Police would not release further information while the investigation is ongoing, but said the house was targeted specifically.
Several area police agencies, including state police, were reportedly on the lookout Wednesday morning for four people. The suspects were described as Hispanic, possibly armed, driving a silver Chrysler 300 sedan with Florida license plates
Windham police would not confirm the information about the suspects. A state police dispatcher referred questions back to Windham police, saying the state agency was not involved in the investigation.
This is Windham’s second home invasion in three months.
A Taunton, Mass., man was arrested in April after he and another man allegedly tied up a woman during an invasion of her Glance Road home.
- - - - - - - -
Julie Hanson may be reached at Jhanson@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 7
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 9
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424