Manchester's Nutter tied for second at New England Am
Jake Nutter of Manchester Country Club shot even-par over the final 36 holes on Thursday to finish tied for second place at the New England Amateur Championship at Falmouth Country Club in Falmouth, Maine.
Nutter, who began the day in 18th place at three-over, had five birdies and shot a one-under 70 over the first 18 holes. He finished the tournament with a three-over 287.
Christopher Swift of Great River Golf Club in Milford, Conn., won the championship by five strokes at two-under.
Craig Steckowych of Portsmouth Country Club placed 12th at nine-over after posting a 76-73 over the final 36 holes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somero is top Am qualifier at Montcalm - 0
- Mickelson, Horschel share U.S. Open lead; Barrington's Smith near cut - 0
- Mickelson flies high at Merion; N.H.'s Smith 16th - 0
- USGA begins plan to address slow play - 0
- Mr. Smith of NH goes to Merion for U.S. Open - 0
- English wins first PGA Tour title - 0
- Matt Kuchar makes Memorial second PGA victory of year - 0
- NH Golf: Tourney season has begun in NH - 0
- Hanefeld shoots 74 at Senior PGA - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time