May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Grand jury adds two charges in drug possession case
BRENTWOOD — A Derry man is facing more drug charges after a grand jury considered the evidence leading to his arrest in March.
Michael Byron, 35, was indicted on five felony charges in Rockingham County Superior Court for allegedly being caught with 150 oxycodone pills outside of a Salem motel.
Byron was arrested on March 29 along with another Derry man after they were spotted sitting in a pickup truck in the back parking lot of the Park View Inn.
A grand jury added two charges to Byron’s case because he allegedly had cocaine on him as well, according to court records.
He is now facing two counts of possession of a controlled drug, two counts of possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell, and single counts of falsifying physical evidence and resisting arrest.
Byron faces up to 20 to 40 years in state prison on one of the drug charges because of a 1995 conviction in Derry.
Byron drew the attention of police who were patrolling the parking lot of the Park View Inn on March 29.
“The vehicle was parked in the rear of the lot despite there being many open parking spots closer to the motel,” police Officer Nicholas Turner wrote in a sworn affidavit.
Byron quickly exited the truck when Turner approached.
Turner spotted a rolled up dollar bill and “a greenish clear plastic baggie with a large quantity of round pills inside,” when he walked past the pickup truck to speak with Byron and Quimby, police said.
Byron allegedly told police that the pills belonged to him and claimed he had a prescription. Police say Byron attempted to conceal another clear plastic baggie with a large number of pills underneath the vehicle by throwing them. The tossed bag had 150 oxycodone pills, police said.
- - - - - - - -
James A. Kimble may be reached at JKimble@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 3
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 3
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
Berlin man dies while kayaking
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424