Home » News » Public Safety
Man overcome by refrigeration fumes
A 19-year-old Chester man went to the hospital Thursday night after his girlfriend came home and found him overcome by refrigeration fumes.
The victim went to Parkland Medical Center where he is expected to recover, a fire official said.
The man was working on a refrigeration tank in the garage of his 66 Hills Farm Rd. home, a fire official said. The commercial-size tank was leaking and he was overcome from exposure to the fumes, the fire official said. There was no ventilation in the garage.
His girlfriend found him unconscious when she returned home and called for help about 9:51 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 88
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time