May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police say Canaan man put woman into mulch machine
HAVERHILL — A 47-year-old Canaan man whose employment duties include grinding wood products into mulch placed a Lebanon woman inside a piece of heavy equipment designed for that purpose and threatened to kill her, according to a grand jury.
Eric R. Arnesen, “with a purpose to terrorize,” according to one of the eight indictments against him, threatened, kicked and choked Crystel Turner during a number of incidents in May.
Arnesen had been convicted in Lebanon District Court of assaulting the same woman just days before he launched a new round of alleged attacks against her, Canaan Police Chief Sam Frank II said Thursday.
At one point on May 15 in Canaan, Arnesen placed the woman inside a “tub grinder,” a piece of equipment designed to “reduce large logs into wood mulch,” according to one indictment, and threatened to use the machine to kill her.
A Grafton County Superior Court grand jury last Friday handed up indictments against Arnesen that were released Wednesday — also involving the same woman — for two counts of criminal threatening on May 5 and May 16 in Canaan that allegedly occurred after he was convicted of violating a protective order in a previous case; second-degree assault, strangulation, on May 6 in Canaan, also following the protective order violation; three counts of simple assault on May 6 in Canaan, two for kicking Turner in the leg, and one for pulling her off a bed; and a fourth simple assault charge on May 15 in Canaan for cutting Turner in the chin or neck area.
In addition to the seven felony charges, the grand jury also indicted Arnesen on a Class A misdemeanor count of obstructing the reporting of a crime or injury by damaging a telephone and otherwise preventing Turner from leaving her residence to contact police.
- - - - - - - -
Bob Hookway may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424