June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Tilton store manager robbed at ATM
TILTON – An armed man robbed a money bag from a manager of a local store as she was about to deposit it at the Northway Bank drive-through lane late Thursday night, police said.
Police received a 911 call reporting an armed robbery at the bank at 5 Market Street at about 10 p.m., according to Police Chief Robert Cormier.
The victim, a female whose name was not release, was about to make a night deposit at the bank when a man approached her car on foot as she was stopped in the drive-through lane.
The man shouted at her several times, telling her to “give him the money,” Cormier said.
He then ripped the money bag from her hand and fled on foot toward the nearby Wal-Mart and Market Basket stores, he said.
Cormier said “several” police units from Tilton, neighboring towns, and state police from Troop E and Troop D responded to assist in the search for the man.
A state police dog was used to check the area of the stores and parking lots.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 20s with a thin build, about 5 foot, 8 inches tall, and was wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area of the Tilton Wal-Mart and Market Basket stores and Northway Bank Thursday night “who may have seen anything suspicious” to contact Tilton police at (603) 286-4442 or to call the Tilton Police Tip Line at (855) 286-8585.
Cormier said the investigation is ongoing. He did not disclose what type of weapon the man had.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 1
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 1
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424