Goffstown 9-10 team rules NH
The Goffstown Jr. Baseball All-Stars copped the New Hampshire state 9-10 Little League championship, defeating District II champion Lamprey River of Raymond, 14-1 and 11-1, last weekend.
With the victory, Goffstown will represent the Granite State at the East Regional Tournament, which begins today in Cranston, R.I.
In the opener of the best-of-three series, the District I champs rode the one-hit pitching of Connor Hujsak and Derek Steckowych to the four-inning “mercy rule” victory. Catcher Conor O’Connell threw out two base runners attempting to steal bases and he tagged out another who tried to steal home.
Hujsak and Clay Campbell each had two singles and a triple to highlight the team’s 15-hit offense.
In the second game, Campbell and Bobby Doherty handled the pitching chores and limited their rivals to a single hit. O’Connell gunned down three would-be stealers and Doherty pounded out three hits while Ben Harris, Campbell and Hujsak each cracked two.
Goffstown’s East Regional schedule includes games Sunday at 2:30 p.m. against Connecticut, Monday at 2 p.m. against Massachusetts, Tuesday at 2 p.m. against Maine and Thursday at 2 p.m. against Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 8
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 27
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840