Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Helliwell sixth, ‘Joey Pole’ 11th in Maine ACT race
In the rain-shortened American Canadian Tour event at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, Maine, on Saturday, ACT point leader Wayne Helliwell, Jr. of Dover finished sixth overall.
Helliwell completed 112 laps in the race. All twenty-nine starters were on the track for the finish. The event was completed in 57 minutes and five seconds with four cautions, the final one coming out for rain.
Joey Polewarczyk Jr. of Hudson ended in 11th place, behind overall winner Austin Theriault of Fort Kent, Maine.
Theriault punches his ticket to the fourth annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 22, along with Helliwell and Oxford 250 winner Polewarczyk.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delaney Flanagan: Memories at the graveyard - 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 1
- George Will: The loss of trust - 1
- Publisher's Notebook -- Joe McQuaid: From patriotic displays to saving history - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- Woman rescued after Franklin accident, 50-foot plunge - 0
- UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 1
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage