Portsmouth golf tournament to aid late Redhook brewer’s family
PORTSMOUTH — On Friday, friends of Ben Harris and others will come together to support the former Redhook Brewery worker’s expected child during a golf tournament at Pease International Tradeport.
Harris, 26, was killed in a tragic accident in April when a keg exploded while he was working at Redhook’s Portsmouth brewery.
The Ben Harris Memorial Golf Tournament begins at 8 a.m. at Pease Golf Course with a shotgun scramble format.
Teams of two or four are still being accepted for the event, with a limit of 36 teams. All proceeds will benefit a fund set up to support Harris’s expected child.
For more information, visit benharrisgolf.com.
READER COMMENTS: 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time