Home » News » Public Safety
Police alert results in missing elderly man being located
MERRIMACK - A memory-impaired 87-year-old man, reported missing from home just before 10 p.m. Wednesday, was found about 90 minutes later by a motorist who saw an alert sent out by police.
Robert Higgins, who suffers from dementia, was reported missing from his 229 Daniel Webster Highway home by his wife who had last seen him at home at 7:30 p.m. Police sent out a Nixle alert about 30 minutes later containing Higgins' description.
About 11:30 p.m., a motorist saw Higgins coming out of the woods next to P and L Landscaping, 79 Daniel Webster Highway, and remembering the alert, called police. Higgins was uninjured and returned home.
Last February, Higgins wandered away from his home overnight but was found in a parking lot at Fidelity Investments, again within minutes of police sending out an alert.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 86
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?