Dump truck rollover closes section of I-93 in Ashland
ASHLAND — A driver lost control of a dump truck loaded with gravel after a front tire blew out, causing the truck to skid off Interstate 93 north Wednesday afternoon and roll over, according to state police.
Robert Huber, 68, of Bristol was driving a 1988 dump truck at 4:10 p.m. north on I-93 when the front passenger side tire failed. The truck skidded off the right side of the highway, went up an embankment, into a cluster of trees and rolled over onto the driver's side.
Huber suffered minor injuries and was taken to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth, where he was treated and later released.
The right lane was closed in the section of I-93 north near mile marker 78.8, where the crash happened, for several hours while police investigated and the truck was removed.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Tim Stevens of Troop F and Sgt. Nathan Boothby of Troop G.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions