Rochester man arrested, charged with 3 counts of animal cruelty
ROCHESTER — A local man, who allegedly placed his dog in a "pinch collar" so tight that it embedded in the animal's flesh, was arrested Wednesday by Rochester police on three counts of animal cruelty, all class A misdemeanors. According to a press release from the Rochester Police Department, bail was set at $2,500 personal recognizance with an arraignment date of Sept. 10, 2012 at 8 a.m.
Police said they responded to the 6 Pink St., home of Bryon Melanson, 44, and found a black labrador tied outside the home with a pinch collar. The dog had an open, infected wound on its neck caused by the collar, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Voter restrictions: Who will govern us? - 26
- School board papers: Beaudry gets left behind - 1
- Data overreach Are programs really justified? The weak case for PRISM. - 11
- A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely - 8
- Border security? Maybe, some day, perhaps. Or not - 35
- Priority profs: University system tops HHS - 5
- Recognizing father: Not PC, but still OK - 1
- Closing Hanover St.: Not a 'free market' move - 6
- Step into the past: Discover old NH this weekend - 0
READER COMMENTS: 26
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37