Rochester man arrested, charged with 3 counts of animal cruelty
ROCHESTER — A local man, who allegedly placed his dog in a "pinch collar" so tight that it embedded in the animal's flesh, was arrested Wednesday by Rochester police on three counts of animal cruelty, all class A misdemeanors. According to a press release from the Rochester Police Department, bail was set at $2,500 personal recognizance with an arraignment date of Sept. 10, 2012 at 8 a.m.
Police said they responded to the 6 Pink St., home of Bryon Melanson, 44, and found a black labrador tied outside the home with a pinch collar. The dog had an open, infected wound on its neck caused by the collar, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37