May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Maine man charged with federal extortion, charged with burglary by Dover PD
DOVER — A Maine man arrested last month on federal extortion charges was arrested Thursday by Dover police on additional burglary charges, according to a Dover police press release.
Police said John B. Villegas, 21, of Kittery, Maine, stole a laptop computer and underwear from a Dover woman during a burglary in April. In June, the alleged victim told police she'd been emailed personal photographs that were in her computer and that the sender was demanding she send him more photos.
Police said they contacted the U.S. Secret Service, which provided assistance in tracing the emails back to Villegas, who was arrested on extortion charges July 17.
Villegas is scheduled to appear Aug. 16 in Dover Circuit Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 14
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 2
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 20
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 17
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424