May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Maine man charged with federal extortion, charged with burglary by Dover PD
DOVER — A Maine man arrested last month on federal extortion charges was arrested Thursday by Dover police on additional burglary charges, according to a Dover police press release.
Police said John B. Villegas, 21, of Kittery, Maine, stole a laptop computer and underwear from a Dover woman during a burglary in April. In June, the alleged victim told police she'd been emailed personal photographs that were in her computer and that the sender was demanding she send him more photos.
Police said they contacted the U.S. Secret Service, which provided assistance in tracing the emails back to Villegas, who was arrested on extortion charges July 17.
Villegas is scheduled to appear Aug. 16 in Dover Circuit Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424