Home » News » Public Safety
Names of Goffstown accident victims released
GOFFSTOWN — State boating officials have released the name of the two people involved in a Jet Ski accident on Glen Lake Sunday afternoon.
Imtiaz Shaikh, 40, was the male passenger who had difficulty swimming and sank beneath the water after getting thrown off a SeaDoo watercraft as it made a turn on the lake, the New Hampshire Marine Patrol said.
Several people brought Shaikh to shore and performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation until rescue personnel arrived. Authorities said Monday his medical condition has improved and that his life is no longer in danger.
The driver, Elena Birca, 29, was treated and released from the hospital Sunday.
Neither was wearing a personal flotation device, which is required under state law, the Marine Patrol said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage